Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Zoo Atlanta FUN!!!!

Yesterday, me, Isabelle, Mom, Grandma, Mozzie, Aunt Anne, and my cousin Christopher, went to Zoo Atlanta. We were going to see Naked Mole Rats, because when we were at the bookstore one Wednesday, Grandma saw a book called The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed. After she had read it to Belle's class, and when we were in Arizona, Mom and Grandma looked up Naked Mole Rats and found out they were really naked. Grandma wanted to go to the zoo and see them for real, so for Mother's Day, we gave her a certificate, certifying that we would go to see them. So, yesterday we went to Zoo Atlanta, to see the Naked Mole Rats. But instead of just seeing them, we saw a whole lot of other animals! Gorillas, orangutans, zebras, giraffes, ostriches, tortoises, flamingos, otters, pigs, pandas, Komodo dragons, and we even went to Parakeet Adventure, where you buy a seed stick and you hold it out to parakeets, and they fly on your stick and eat the seeds! We also saw kangaroos, and weirdly enough, they looked kind of like Gracie!!!!!!! After we saw the other animals, we went to the naked mole rats! There was a way of getting in like you were a naked mole rat, for you went through a tunnel. I crawled in there with my sister, and when we came out, we were surrounded by NAKED MOLE RATS!!! They were separated into tons of different boxes, and they were connected by tunnels. There were little TVs that you could watch the naked mole rats crawl through them! They looked tiny, and pink and they were funny looking with their little teeth.


After we saw all the animals, we went to the Gift Shop to see if they had any Naked Mole Rat T-Shirts. Unfortunately they didn't, but Belle did get a baby panda which she named Peter, and I got a Naked Mole Rat which I named.....Nudey!!!!! :-)

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Nice blog baby!! I don't even need to blog it on mine because yours took care of it!! I'm so glad we got to go yesterday and have fun with our family.

Hayden said...

I am that good.